Research Associate in Energy Materials
- Salary Package: Academic Level A, from $74,680 to $100,559 per annum, plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term for 2 years
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are looking for a passionate research associate to work on the discovery project “Covalently immobilised molecular catalysts for carbon dioxide reduction” funded by the Australian Research Council. The successful applicant should have research experience in electrochemical research, materials engineering and catalysis research. They will have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work in a team collaborating across disciplines.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strengths for future potential across other research and teaching streams of the School and contribute to the administration, outreach and promotion of the School of Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering and the University.
The School of Engineering sits within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and is a diverse community of academics blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery, exploration and impact. We are talented and knowledgeable engineers and form teams of innovators and creators with a passion for teaching and a strong desire to make an impact in research. The School currently has approximately 40 academics and 70 research students, and an ever-growing cohort of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
In the School of Engineering we are committed to improving the diversity of our team by building an equitable and inclusive culture. For instance, we strongly encourage applications from experienced individuals who are looking to return to the workforce, changing career path or cannot commit to full-time work. You will have access to flexible working hours, on-site parking and generous parental leave allowances.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
About the Role
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter no more than 2 pages that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below.
- Demonstrated experience in electrochemical research methods;
- Demonstrated experience in organic synthesis and characterisation;
- Demonstrated experience in analytical methods such as GC and NMR
- Basic knowledge of DFT calculations;
- A demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and impact as well as evidence for research excellence;
- Proven ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines;
- High level of oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with the students and staff;
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and advancing the principles of equity, inclusion and diversity in STEM workplaces.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and good laboratory practices;
- Experience in supervision of HDR students and undergraduates
- Experience in managing a research facility
For Specific Role Enquiries: A/Professor Yijiao Jiang at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer at email@example.com or +61 2 9850 9745.
Applications Close: Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 11:55 pm AEST
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.