Chief Researcher in Computer Science
Organization Name EBTIC
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institutionin Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus,the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
Applications are invited for a Chief Researcher position at EBTIC (www.ebtic.org).
EBTIC is a jointly established research and innovation centre by Etisalat, BT and Khalifa University. It is located at the Abu Dhabi Campus of Khalifa University with management and research staff provided by BT, Etisalat and Khalifa University.
The role of the successful candidate will include defining and leading challenging research and innovation work in the area of Security and engage in applied research and technology down-streaming of relevant projects supported by EBTIC’s partners.
The successful candidate will create an ambitious program that aims at driving and further developing EBTIC’s Security research agenda. The work entails showing thought leadership in research and innovation to demonstrate how EBTIC’s security research programme can deliver benefit to EBTIC’s partners and society.
- Qualified to PhD level with majors in computer science/engineering, or other pertinent specialisations with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in ICT .
- Research and development experience in one or more of following areas:
- Solid background in Security, in particular Data and Network Security.
- Strong background in Distributed System, in particular Cloud Computing.
- Proficient programming skills, in particular Java, Python, Ruby, C.
- Familiar with Cloud platforms (Amazon EC2, OpenStack).
- Knowledge of Docker, Puppet and Hadoop MapReduce architectures.
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience in cloud based computing security and IoT security.
- Ability to identify and define research problems and drive a programme to address them.
- Ability to work in a team, both actual and virtual.
- Leadership and people skills to lead a team and collaborative work within and outside EBTIC.
- Commitment to work in a highly customer-oriented organisation to support EBTIC partners’ objectives and address their challenges.
- Commitment to supporting Khalifa University’s vision to become a leading international centre of higher education and research in technology and science.
- Demonstrating imaginative and creative innovation in the context of business ICT problems.
- An inquiring mind with a preference for working within less defined boundaries, creativity, self-motivation and good written and oral communication skills in English, and must be passionate about achieving excellent results.
- Experience of program and project management will be an advantage.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers. All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?