Post Doctoral Fellow, Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
Organization Name Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
Be responsible for the computational modeling of the fatigue response of enhanced ballast mixes as a means for railway track profile optimization
- Develop an elasto-visco-plastic constitutive model for ballast on the basis of laboratory evaluation of the mechanical response of conventional and enhanced ballast mixes test results
- Formulate, implement, verify, calibrate and validate the results of physico-mechanical constitutive models at various physical scales
- Utilize physico-mechanical constitutive models, at various physical scales, for identification of the significance of the various mix components and design parameters in the overall ballast performance and resistance to damage of railway tracks.
- Perform and analyze the results of finite element simulations of the dynamic response of ballast subjected to rail actions
- Participate in the team effort for the development of a guideline for optimization of railway track profile design.
- Participate in the supervision of the activities of PhD and MSc students.
- PhD in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on computational mechanics
- Experience in constitutive model formulation, computational mechanics and finite element implementation.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Post Doctoral Fellow, Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly