Accessibility Outreach Manager
The Student Accessibility Services seeks an incumbent for the position of Accessibility Outreach Manager to be responsible for managing and coordinating the Outreach Program which provides training to ZU and external communities in Dubai, as well as Abu Dhabi, with special emphasis on assistive technology. In addition, part of the duties will entail the management and direction of the new Inclusive Learning Center ensuring that it is highly utilized.
- Promotes and designs suitable outreach programs, based on the needs of external educational institutions, in order to promote ZU philosophy of inclusivity, and aid accommodation of Students of Determination.
- Manages, maintains and promotes the new Inclusive Learning Center internally and externally to ensure constructive utilization.
- Visits external organizations and educational institutions to match their needs with SAS expertise and international best practice.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate systems for measuring the strategic plan in the Outreach Program.
- Contributes to the development of SAS strategy and performance, especially concerning the Outreach Program.
- Responsible for collecting and presenting data for the Outreach Program.
- Initiates, monitors, measures and reports on the Outreach Program issues as directed by the Director.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, partners and authorities in terms of accessibility related matters to strengthen the Outreach Program’s profile.
- Plans, develops and implement strategies for generating resources and revenues for the Outreach Program.
- Oversees the availability of the latest technology and applications for Students of Determination while ensuring that they are well trained to use it in order to facilitate their learning.
- Maintains compliance with the UAE laws and regulations, through the Outreach Program to ensure appropriate access for students to university education.
- Prepares needs analysis for training Zayed University students, faculty and staff on accessibility features and applications required.
- Assists in publishing in Arabic and English information documents related to SAS, especially the Outreach Program.
- Plans and prepares awareness events especially where technology is concerned.
- Responsible for applying for awards and grants for the Outreach Program under the direction of the director.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.