Senior Lecturer / Lecturer Aerospace Systems Engineering
7 days left
- Full Time
- Great opportunity to join a discipline that has research output well above the world average
- Seeking a specialist in Aerospace Systems Engineering, whom can cover priority areas of teaching and research
- Create and evolve collaborative relationships with local & international Aerospace industries
At the University of Newcastle, our staff are inquisitive. We think big, see opportunity, are open to ideas, and ask why. We share wisdom and partner with colleagues in Australia and around the globe to create an enduring impact. We are courageous bold thinkers who have the confidence to take risks and to inspire change. The University has an international reputation for research excellence and we continue to build on our research strengths, engagement with industry and partnering with outstanding international universities.
Your new opportunity
As an experienced Senior Lecturer / Lecturer, you will develop and deliver high quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses into the Aerospace Systems program. You will supervise honours and research higher degree students and be responsible for maintaining and advancing your professional capabilities, as well as sharing administrative responsibilities with other academics in the Discipline.
You will need to demonstrate research leadership (Senior Lecturer) or developing research leadership (Lecturer) in the field of aerospace systems engineering or a closely related field, and have a history of applying for external research grant funding. Links with the aerospace industry and/or the relevant government organisations are highly desired.
For a full job description visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/job-vacancies
- Possess a research doctorate or equivalent in Aerospace Systems Engineering or related field.
- Have a background and demonstrated teaching capability in some of the following fields: aerospace propulsion; aircraft performance; aircraft stability and control; aircraft design; aircraft systems and avionics.
- Have a willingness to focus on teaching from a systems perspective.
- Be a highly effective teacher and have a willingness to utilise innovative and contemporary media and systems.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; including the capacity to build relationships.
- Have an established or developing research record (dependent on level).
- Have a demonstrated ability of industry engagement.
Benefits of working with us
From a flexible working environment to discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits including salary packaging. You can learn more about these at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/benefits-at-a-glance
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The remuneration is from $99,213 (for a Leve B) or from $121.536 (for a Level C) + 17% superannuation. Remuneration is commensurate with Level and experience.
Click on 'Apply for this job'. Your application will be assessed on selection criteria. Read all information about the role so you understand what is required. In addition:
- Follow all directions and complete all necessary fields of the application; and
- In your selection criteria demonstrate clearly how your skills and experience meet each point and should be a maximum of four pages.
Closing date: Wednesday, 15 April 2020