Associate Professor, School of Education
Macquarie University is seeking an Associate Professor for a teaching and research position with a focus on primary Mathematics and STEM education.
- Salary Package: Associate Professor (Level D), from $155,425 to $170,959 p.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Macquarie University is seeking an Associate Professor for a teaching and research position with a focus on primary Mathematics and STEM education. The successful applicant will engage in an active research program and supervise research students, contribute to curriculum development and teaching across the School of Education's undergraduate and postgraduate programs, engage in service activities within the University and their professional community, and contribute to the School's outreach activities.
You will have completed a PhD or evidence of equivalent recognition in Mathematics or STEM education. You will have a strong record of delivering high quality learning and teaching in primary Mathematics and preferably also STEM education and a strong program of research (preferably school-based) with a track record of quality publications. Experience teaching in primary classroom environments is considered an asset. If you are an excellent communicator and you are flexible and resilient in your approach, then this is a role you will thrive in and a School where you will enjoy working.
Within the Faculty of Arts, the School of Education aspires to be a leader in education across the life-span. Our mission is to be a global leader in education and an institution of service and engagement which delivers a transformative learning experience and impactful research. We are committed to maximising opportunities for children, families, schools and communities through research, teaching, learning and advocacy.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- A PhD or evidence of equivalent research recognition in a relevant discipline
- A well-articulated research agenda and a track record of publications in high quality journals
- A demonstrated ability to attract external funding for research and a record of competitive grant successes
- Demonstrated academic knowledge in the discipline and a commitment and capability to deliver high quality learning and teaching, including the design, delivery, and management of programs, lectures, tutorials, and assessments
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to relate to staff and students from all backgrounds and to represent the School to external stakeholders and the general public
- Demonstrated experience to make a useful contribution to the academic life and administrative tasks of the School with a track record of effective teamwork
- Experience with research student supervision
- Experience and interest in interdisciplinary research (desirable)
- Experience in the development of ongoing partnerships with industry and/or professional bodies (desirable)
This position may require a Working with Children Check Clearance.
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Mary Ryan, Dean of Education, Macquarie School of Education on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Mal Sawley, HR Administrator at email@example.com.
Applications Close: Monday, 13 April 2020 at 11:55pm EST
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.