Research Mental Health Clinician
The Parent and Family Development Program (PFDP) of the Yale Child Study Center encompasses clinical, research, training and educational opportunities that aim to address parental mental health and wellness. Clinical research studies that operate through the PFDP share a focus on identifying ways to support and understand the intersection between adult mental health/wellness and the parenting role. As an integral member of the clinical research teams within the PFDP, the Research Mental Health Clinician provides manualized psychotherapeutic/psychoeducational treatments to adults and families in the context of research study protocols. The Research Mental Health Clinician also conducts screenings and assessments in accordance with research study protocols—such as, interviews, assessments of family interaction, and computer-based assessments. The Research Mental Health Clinician provides clinical case management services, including risk assessment and referrals to appropriate levels of care, when indicated. The role requires flexibility to work with interventions spanning multiple modalities, across multiple research studies and teams.
Please note that this position requires travel within Connecticut, including New London County.
1. Provides direct manualized psychotherapeutic/psychoeducational treatments to individuals, groups and/or families with mental health and substance use conditions or behavioral problems in the context of research study protocols.
2. Conducts screenings and assessments of individuals, groups and/or families in accordance with research study protocols—such as, interviews, assessments of family interaction, and computer-based assessments.
3. Documents information/data collected through processes of screening and assessment, in accordance with research protocols.
4. Coordinates and engages with other members of the research team(s) toward achieving research objectives within set timelines.
5. Contributes to evaluation of treatment fidelity, research protocol compliance, and treatment outcome through providing ratings/data/observations.
6. Provides clinical case management services, including referrals to appropriate levels of care. As needed.
7. Provides risk assessment, crisis intervention and clinical triage to facilitate necessary services, such as inpatient hospitalization, as needed.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master's degree in Counseling, Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field, and one year of experience providing mental health treatment.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Familiar working with manualized interventions for adults spanning multiple modalities, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), parenting interventions, or emotion-focused therapy.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Familiar working with standardized assessment instruments for adults spanning interviews, behavioral assessments, and questionnaires.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to provide individual and group based manualized interventions for parents.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Licensed clinician with a master's or doctoral degree in counseling psychology, clinical psychology, social work, or marriage and family therapy, and five years of experience providing mental health treatment. Bilingual in Spanish and English
Required Licenses or Certifications
Licensed mental/behavioral health clinician in the State of Connecticut.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus