Research Fellowship - Department of Biochemistry
Research Fellowship (A/Prof. Too Heng-Phon’s Lab)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for 1 Research Fellowship in the Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. We seek an enthusiastic and self-motivated research fellows to join our team.
Main duties and responsibilities
TrafEn is a unique composition of biocompatible reagents that is designed to drastically enhance non-viral based gene delivery and simultaneously chemosensitize the many types of hard-to-transfect cells. We are recruiting researchers to work on the development of the TrafEn platform for gene and mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) based cancer therapy. Successful applicants are encouraged to be part of the exciting team to further develop the study with the aim to develop a commercially viable entity. The current study focus on genetic modification and in vitro functional assessment of the modified MSC. Individuals who want to work in the area of gene and cell based therapy and who have earned relevant doctoral degrees can create careers in the areas of research and commercialization.
- A PhD degree in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Molecular Cell Biology or a related discipline
- Experience in stem cell culture and gene delivery will be an advantage
- Ability to think and set up new experimental protocols
- Knowledge of semi-automated liquid handling systems is desirable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated, proactive and adaptable to work exigencies
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Generating project reports and delivering presentations at project meetings
- Awareness of workplace health and safety
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.