Research Project Leader Environmental Risk Assessment
We are looking for
As research project leader you combine a background in ecotoxicology with skills to successfully manage projects and ensure their scientific quality. At the same time you also ensure the financial results and make sure deadlines are met. The projects include field and laboratory experiments carried out under GLP. You collaborate with researchers who have varying areas of expertise, including analytical chemistry, ecology, statistics and computer science. And on top of this, you are the reliable linking pin between the organization and the customers we work for.
You will do all of this in an ideal working environment. Our campus is an inspiring, green place to work, and has been selected as the most sustainable campus in the world multiple times. Besides that, Wageningen University that we collaborate with, has a #1 ranking for environmental science, ecology and agriculture, as well as very strong rankings in other fields.
You are someone who has:
- A PhD degree in environmental sciences, chemistry, biology or a related science;
- Affinity with the field of ecotoxicology;
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- The capacity to work under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP);
- Good interpersonal skills in taking care of a variety of customers & you are a pleasant teammate;
- Excellent skills in speaking, writing and reporting in English;
- Sufficient proficiency in Dutch or being prepared to learn Dutch via an intensive course;
- You are an enthusiastic person that doesn’t need much to be up and running in this role.
We offer a meaningful and international work environment characterized by hardworking professionals who perform in multidisciplinary teams. Depending on your expertise and experience a salary from a minimum of € 2656,- (gross) to a maximum of € 4934,- (gross) (scale 10/11) based on a fulltime employment. The appointment is for minimally 32 and maximally 36 hours per week, for a period of 12 months with a possibility of an extension.
In addition, we offer:
- A lively workplace at the Wageningen Campus where education, research and business comes together;
- Excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- Flexible working hours and holidays;
- 171 vacation hours, with the possibility to purchase additional hours;
- Excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- A structural end-of-year bonus of 3%.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
For more information about the content of this position, please contact Maikel de Potter, Team Leader, phone: +31 317 484 445, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other questions on the procedure you can contact Edgar Tijhuis, recruiter, e-mail: email@example.com
You can apply until 31 March 2020 via the apply button on this page, by uploading your CV and motivation letter. The first interviews will be held soon after the deadline for this vacancy.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen is a center for research and entrepreneurship. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees. It is a historic university town of about 36,000 residents in the central Netherlands. The academic community hails from more than 100 countries, giving the town a lively, international feel. Our highly qualified team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
The WUR International Community page contains practical information about what we do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen.
Equal opportunities employer
We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient organization.
The mission of our University is to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Nine specialized research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 6,000 employees, and 12,000 students, it is one of the leading organizations in its domain worldwide. A coordinated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the outstanding approach of Wageningen.
The domain of the Environmental Risk Assessment team is to provide science based answers and solutions for integrative assessment and management of a bio-diverse agricultural environment. We are a world leading center of expertise for the assessment of environmental risks in the area of pesticides, and other organic compounds (e.g. emerging chemicals). We take pride in our highly qualified staff (28 employees) and advanced laboratories, including outstanding outdoor test facilities. For our clients (government agencies, NGOs, and industries) we develop models and conduct experimental (GLP-certified) research, to predict the behavior of organic contaminants in water, soil and air, and to determine their effects on ecosystems and focal organisms (e.g. bees). Furthermore, we offer consultancy and training on sustainable pesticide management in upcoming economies.
More searches like this
- Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Netherlands
- Biological Sciences Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Netherlands
- Biological Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Netherlands
- Biological Sciences Research Related jobs in Netherlands
- Biological Sciences Professional Services jobs in Netherlands