School Manager, School of Psychological Sciences
2 days left
- Full Time
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
This is an exceptional opportunity to develop, maintain and manage the business and operational services within the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences (MSPS).
Reporting to the Head of School with professional responsibility to the Chief Operating Officer, the School Manager is the most senior member of professional staff within MSPS and is responsible for a scope of work that includes the planning, management and delivery of the research, teaching and learning, engagement, commercialization and administrative services undertaken within MSPS and its constituent Centres. The School Manager will work with the Faculty Directorate to drive effective financial management and budgeting, operational efficiency, service quality and strategic outcomes.
Additionally, you will be developing, leading and managing a team of professional staff to deliver a range of services that support and guide academic staff.
You will possess;
- A tertiary qualification in management or business administration, or other comparable qualification, plus extensive experience in a similar role at senior level in a large and complex organisation.
- Proven experience and high-level expertise in planning and managing resources, including large-scale operational projects, financial systems, human resources, space and equipment. Highly developed negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly present information in person and in writing, with the ability to influence, negotiate, and to interact effectively with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to plan at both strategic and operational levels, with organizational skills to ensure the delivery of programs or services on time.
- A demonstrated capacity to embrace and foster change.
- Demonstrated experience with change processes and high-level stakeholder engagement and development of business partnerships.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and engage with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders at all levels from senior executives to undergraduate students.
The Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences is one of six schools within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. It is consistently ranked as one of the top Schools of Psychology in Australia and was ranked 18th in the world in the 2019 QS global rankings. The School is undergoing vigorous growth and attracts some of the best students nationally and internationally to its broad range of APS accredited undergraduate, graduate, professional, and research programs.
The School's teaching is underpinned by excellence in research across a range of fields, including cognitive and behavioural neuroscience, cognitive and mathematical psychology, social and personality psychology, and clinical science. Research links extend across 25 departments, centres and institutes within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, including The Melbourne Brain Centre, The Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, ORYGEN Youth Research Centre, Austin Health, the Royal Melbourne Hospital, the Royal Children’s Hospital, the Royal Women’s Hospital, and St. Vincent’s Hospital.
The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (MDHS) is Australia’s pre-eminent medical, health sciences and biomedical faculty and is recognised for its research, teaching and training and policy leadership across all these fields.
The Faculty employs more than 1,900 members of staff, attracts more than 8,000 students each year and comprises six schools; 33 departments, centers and institutes; and 128 courses. It contributes almost 50 per cent of all research conducted across the University
We offer a number of employee benefits to maximise your work life at University of Melbourne (UOM). Some of the benefits on offer are; a salary packaging scheme, flexible family friendly policies - providing generous leave and working conditions. An opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment with substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at UOM
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
For further information and to apply: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/902546/school-manager-school-of-psychological-sciences
Applications close: 5 Apr 2020, 11:55pm AUS Eastern Standard Time