Postdoc Research Fellow in Construction/Structure Information Technology
Postdoc Research Fellow in construction/structure information technology
Location: Zhejiang University, Hangzhou China, China
About the position
The position is affiliated with the Group of Prof. Jiangpeng Shu (舒江鹏).
The major research interest including but not limited to:
- The application of photogrammetric, laser scanning and computer vision method in structural health monitoring
- Industrialized techniques (e.g. robot automation) in construction engineering
- Concrete structures and composite structures
A postdoctoral research fellowship is a qualification position in which the main objective is a qualification for work in academic positions. The prospective candidate is expected to have background in one of the following areas:
- Structural Engineering and construction engineering, preferred in concrete structures.
- Computer Science and Information Technology: basic programming skills in functional and/or object oriented languages, preferably in Python, C++, signal/image processing, computer vision; robotics.
The successful candidate will hold a PhD degree in relevant subject area and have experience of developing research. Background knowledge of computer science, photogrammetric image analysis, and deep learning is preferable. A track record in publishing high-quality research would be an advantage.
About the university and the college
Zhejiang University (ZJU) is one of China’s top higher education institutions. Laying claim to several areas of research strength, ZJU currently ranks within the top 100 in the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings and QS World University Rankings. Our research group have wide collaboration with leading universities in Civil Engineering such as TU Delft, EPFL, Stanford University and UC Berkeley.
- 2-4 years fixed contract with the annual salary up to RMB350, 000 yuan (around 50,000 USD)
- University apartment available for rent
- Financial support for attending conferences
- Reward for research output
- Postdoctoral research fellows who have been in the position for 3 years or above have the opportunity to apply for faculty positions.
Please submit your CV (including your academic experience and publications) to email@example.com, with the subject “application for postdoctoral research fellows+name”.
For more information, check the website