Senior Developer, Students
The Application Services team is accountable for managing and coordinating defect resolution, enhancements and significant changes for a designated suite of business services and applications. The team will collaborate with key stakeholder groups, and delivery partners, to implement system fixes or enhancements that fully address client needs, continually improving and enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of La Trobe's systems and processes.
This role sits within the Application Services - Students team which supports a suite of applications including the student management system, CRM, timetabling system and several other applications
What you will be doing
- Provide technical expertise and advice in the support, maintenance and development of the technical components & services associated with the applications, as prioritised within the organisation.
- Assist various business teams with system administration, technical development and support of student systems utilising best practice methods and techniques.
- Conform to quality assurance standards and agreed processes through the Software Development Lifecyclesuch as change management.
- Support the application by analysing and addressing assigned incidents and problems, in a timely manner, including proactive identification of issues.
- Provide programming and subject matter expertise to facilitate integration with other systems.
- Write technical specifications and develop technical design, based on functional specifications and system requirements.
- Unit testing of developed changes to ensure the code meets the technical specification and design requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with maintenance and development of technical components & services associated with applications/systems in a large, distributed organisation.
- Demonstrated experience of system administration, development with programming languages (specifically .NET, C#, C++ and Visual Basic)
- Design, development and configuration of ETLs and APIs within an application environment
- Demonstrated experience of software development methodologies, such as SDLC and Agile.
- Knowledge of ITIL, in particular Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Technology One Student experience
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching – and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today’s uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Access to discounted Health funds
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here’s how to apply
Submit a cover letter, and an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
For recruitment enquiries only, please contact: L.Hallemail@example.com
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.