Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer in Education, Early Years and Primary Literacy
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $126,128 - $145,431 (Level C)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
Salary: $126,128 - $145,431 p.a. (Level C) or $151,868 - $167,312 p.a. (Level D)
About the Melbourne Graduate School of Education
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is a global leader in teaching and education research, offering challenging courses, world-changing research and contemporary learning spaces.
About the role
The Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer in Education (Primary Language & Literacy) will be at the forefront of literacy education in Australia and have a strong international reputation. This position will take a key leadership role in developing research and teaching programs within primary language and literacy. This position will make strong contributions to teaching and learning, research and scholarship, engagement, leadership and service within the MGSE Language and Literacy Education (LALE) Cognate Group, intersecting with cognate fields including EAL/D, mother tongue, bilingual, and modern languages education.
The Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer in Education (Primary Language & Literacy) is responsible for teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels and will have the opportunity to contribute to Executive and Custom education programs both locally and interstate, and to other key research and scholarly projects undertaken by the LALE Cognate Group. This position will be involved with subject development (including the development of online pedagogies) and subject coordination, as required.
As the successful applicant, you will:
- Make significant contributions to the leadership, design, coordination and implementation of innovative and distinguished education programs, including familiarity with blended learning and to teach in areas relevant to primary language and literacy subjects in the field of teacher education in the M Teaching and associated courses, including professional development courses;
- Contribute to the current developments and policy debates relating to language and literacy education and teaching in primary schools;
- Initiate and lead new programs of research in Primary Language and Literacy;
- Publish in top tiered refereed journals, books or monographs, reports and refereed conference proceedings and attract research funding;
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff, as required, and to contribute to the collective research and engagement activities of the LALE Cognate Group; and
- Contribute to the community, such as through involvement in professional associations and/or the provision of professional development or other such activities.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- Working for one of Australia's top Universities;
- Growing your expertise and innovative thinking in an environment that leaves an impact; and
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your complete application will include a Cover Letter, address of the Selection Criteria and your CV.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
This is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Applications close: 05 Apr 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time