Senior Research Specialist I
Department Industrial Relations
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Industrial Relations Section (IRS), a center for research in labor economics and related fields, invites applications from motivated individuals for positions assisting faculty members in all aspects of their research. Graduating seniors are encouraged to apply. Please include the names and contact information for three references with your submission materials.
This is a one-year term position with the possibility of renewal for a second year. End date is dependent on start date, which may vary.
The Senior Research Specialist I will be expected to assemble and manage data sets, process and analyze survey and census data, and assist faculty members in the design, implementation, and management of surveys. In addition, this individual will be expected to write summaries of research, perform literature searches and reviews, and post and retrieve information from the Web.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Economics or Math, or BA/BS with significant coursework in Economics, Math, and Statistics
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Knowledge of statistics/econometrics
- Knowledge of statistical programming, particularly STATA
- Knowledge of Unix or Linux
- Knowledge of standard internet tools and HTML
- Familiarity with standard social science or education-related data sources
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW