Research Fellow, LiDS
- Full time, 2 year fixed term contract or part time considered
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $95,432 - $112,697 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Living with Disability Research Centre is a collaborative and multidisciplinary research centre. It combines the expertise from discipline disability studies, social work, speech pathology, psychology, occupational theraphy and other professionals who work in disability services to make a positive difference in the lives of people with cognitive disabilities and their families. Our research is applied and often practice based, aiming to build evidence from the ground up to inform the design of effective services to support social inclusion and staff training.
The centre has major programs of research focussed on supported accommodations services, social participation and supported decision making that are particularly concerned with adults with intellectual disabilities and or acquired brain injury. It is envisaged the incumbent of this position will work across several large projects
To find out more information about the centre please visit our website at: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/lids
Skills & Experience
In order to undertake this position the successful candidate will be required to have:
- Completion of a PhD in a relevant discipline
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of strong research potential;
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing;
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of collaborators nationally and/or internationally and with industry partners.
- Experience of working in the disability sector or undertaking research relevant to the sector.
- Understanding of current disability policy.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 pm Sunday 29th March 2020
Position Enquiries: Professor Christine Bigby, TEL: (03) 9479 1016 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 559528 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.