Academic, School of Education
5 days left
- SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- JOONDALUP/MOUNT LAWLEY/ONLINE CAMPUSES
- PAY RATES AS PER INDUSTRIAL INSTRUMENT
The School of Education is looking for postgraduate degree-qualified and experienced teachers to teach/mark units for our on-campus and on-line undergraduate and postgraduate initial teacher education courses. The School provides a comprehensive range of academic programs to prepare pre-service teachers for positions in teaching in: Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary.
The School of Education is looking for tutors who have expertise in all subject areas at all 3 levels of education. Opportunities are available during normal ECU semester times and for intensive tutoring during the two-week period 29th June – 10th July 2020. Full training will be provided.
Successful applicants for Sessional Tutor positions:
- Will possess a teaching-based qualification at least at Masters by Coursework level and, if you do not possess a PhD, have the equivalent professional experience of at least 1 level higher than the level you will be teaching/marking/coordinating (see below*);
- Have experience in early childhood, primary or secondary education;
- Have a strong and effective strategy for teaching and/or assessing;
- Be able to work independently and to required timeframes.
*Professional equivalence will be considered in one or more of the following:
- Leadership in the development of teacher professional standards.
- Performing in a role that requires high order judgement and the provision of expert advice, or roles at a senior level.
- Managing significant projects in the field.
- Testimonials, awards or other recognition that acknowledge and recognise leadership or expertise in the field of education.
- Contributions in the field of education through participation in advisory boards and professional networks.
- Peer reviewed publications in the field of education.
- Publications such as creative works, books and reports
- Leadership or management of research acknowledged by peers
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that align with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
Casual positions attract competitive remuneration in line with our Enterprise Agreement with a university superannuation contribution. For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
For further information, interested applicants are welcome to contact Assoc Prof Marianne Knaus (6304 2986) regarding Early Childhood positions, Associate Professor Matt Byrne for Primary positions (6304 5470) or Associate Professor Andy Jones (6304 5285) for secondary positions.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your interest and suitability for this opportunity, indicating which area(s) of teaching you are applying for, which discipline(s) you are qualified to teach and which time period(s) you are available for.
Applications close on Monday 13 April 2020 at 11:30 pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.