Gift and Business Services Manager
Classification: ANU Officer 8 (Administration)
Salary package: $99,612 - 106,517 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Continuing
- Permanent opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Dynamic, professional and collaborative work environment
- Excellent remuneration and benefits packages
- 17% superannuation contributions, annual leave loading
- Salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, technology, childcare and more
Join an ambitious, growing team supporting Advancement at ANU. Our job is to build strong and productive relationships across the University to make sure we provide a high level of service in the delivery of business solutions in the areas of operations and gift administration with efficiency, accountability and integrity.
Our ideal candidate is experienced, positive, proactive and organised, has excellent communication skills, and enjoys working with people to get great outcome.
As a key member of the Advancement Services team at ANU Advancement, the Gift and Business Services Manager has the opportunity to provide high quality services to ANU Advancement. In this role you will work collaboratively across ANU Advancement and contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of strategic objectives.
Your ability to build relationships and maintain a high level of customer service while overseeing multiple diverse projects and services and proactively providing strategic advice and guidance across a broad range of operational and gift administration issues will be the key to your success in this position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain robust and scalable gift and business services and enquiry management frameworks, including the development, implementation and maintenance of a service catalogue, service standards, knowledgebase, templates, protocols and procedures that support the effective delivery of donor centric gift and business services. Ensure all service requests received by Advancement Services are managed according to these standards and troubleshoot where appropriate to manage issues of service provision.
- Provide high quality service and advice on all aspects of the gift lifecycle, including support of fundraising initiatives, gift processing and receipting of gifts from a variety of sources and channels, through the interpretation of complex correspondence and agreements and ensuring maintenance and reconciliation of associated records in Advancement and other University systems.
- Oversee continuous improvement projects and routine business services on behalf of ANU Advancement including, but not limited to, HR activities including new staff on boarding, facilities and equipment, asset management, risk management, WHS and emergency procedures, and financial administration including accounts payable and receivable, purchase card and account reconciliations, journal entries and reconciliations; and effectively communicate and implement these processes across the division.
- Supervise and lead a high-performing team that ensures the effective delivery of a range of services to meet requirements, managing and prioritising projects, developing and evaluating practices and procedural arrangements to improve outcomes.
- Oversee the administration and governance of the Advancement Hub as a robust, secure and scalable online platform to easily manage and share frequently accessed / requested information and resources with Advancement and broader university staff.
- Develop effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and play a key role in relevant University-wide initiatives, promoting and managing any local area consultation and roll-out, participating in a range of activities, workgroups and networks across campus, as required.
- Provide high level and detailed advice to senior staff and others on how best to achieve business objectives and contribute to innovation and continuous improvement towards establishing best practice and strategic direction for the team.
Experience in business management, gift administration, implementing business solutions and stakeholder management in a higher education or not-for-profit setting is desirable. The ability to learn quickly and grasp new concepts would also be an advantage.
For further information please contact Kay Connell,
E: Kay.Connell@anu.edu.au or T: (02) 6125 9010
Position Description: ANU08 Gift Business Services Manager_HR approved_200214.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria (2 pages maximum)
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.