Research Fellow, Sport and Exercise Medicine Research Centre
- Part time role 0.8 FTE or 4 days per week
- 3 year fixed term position
- Role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $95,432 - $112,697 pro rata plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The position is located in the La Trobe Sport and Exercise Medicine Research Centre within the School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport in the College of Science, Health and Engineering. The research focus of the Centre is to increase sport and exercise medicine knowledge through excellent collaborative research and translate knowledge to policy, practice, participation, health and well-being.
This position requires an enthusiastic clinician researcher, with experience and expertise in evidence-based practice and translation of knowledge into clinical practice. The primary work of this position will be focussed on implementation and evaluation of non-surgical care for osteoarthritis in community settings, including the GLA:D® Australia program, and multidisciplinary care to reduce inappropriate joint replacement surgery.
Skills & Experience
- Hold a PhD or have made significant progress towards a PhD is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Registered or eligible to register with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of strong research potential.
Highly desirable attributes
- Experience in completion of implementation research.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and evidence of success in securing research funding.
- Experience working in the Australian healthcare system.
- Experience delivering group education and exercise programs for osteoarthritis
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 pm Sunday 29th March 2020
Position Enquiries: Dr Christian Barton, Tel: 03 9479 2169 or via Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 559454 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.