Problem Gambling Psychologist
- Exciting opportunity within the Faculty of Science at the School of Psychology
- Located in Parramatta at the Gambling Treatment & Research Clinic.
- Full-time or two part-time positions available, 8 months fixed term, HEO7 opportunity. Base salary: $93,986 p.a. - $102,393 p.a. pro-rata and generous employer contributions to superannuation.
About the opportunity
As the Problem Gambling Psychologist, you will provide professional psychological treatment (therapy) to clients with gambling problems and support the research outcomes of the project. You will also be required to conduct a thorough assessment of each prospective client to determine whether gambling is the primary problem and administer all GTC assessments to clients pre and post treatment, which will include scoring assessments and keeping record of all relevant data.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Problem Gambling Psychologist with the following:
- a degree in Psychology
- registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- demonstrable understanding and experience in complying with Good Clinical Practice, regulatory, ethical, privacy and other relevant guidelines.
- superior interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, team members and stakeholders and exercise tact and sound judgement
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- previous experience in providing Dialectical Behavior Therapy is highly desired, but not an essential requirement.
The School of Psychology was the first established Psychology department in Australia, is currently one of the largest and has a proud history of excellence that characterises all of its research and educational activities. Sustained increases in research funding and strong enrolments have facilitated a rapid growth in our staffing and research profile.
The Gambling Treatment Clinic (GTC) is a free, confidential, face-to-face counselling service operating within the School of Psychology. The clinic operates at different locations: Campbelltown, Darlington and Parramatta, it also offers outreach services to other locations (Lidcombe & Tahmoor).
Treatment and assessments are undertaken by highly experienced registered Psychologists/Clinical Psychologist who are specialists in the gambling area.
Financial assistance for this project Is provided by the New South Wales Government from the Responsible Gambling Fund branch (RGF).
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 280/0220F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Routine pre-employment probity checks will be carried out for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday 9 March 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.