Business Analyst, Technology, Lecturer
Job Profile Teaching - Technology Tutor
Contract Type Permanent
The role of the Faculty lecturer is to develop and deliver innovative and high quality teaching and learning, programme and module curricula, and teaching and learning materials (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels), that reflect the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers. Lecturers must have significant professional experience in their discipline, as well as the enthusiasm to pass their passion for their specialist area on to students, learners, clients and peers.
Faculty will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to module leadership, curriculum and content design, assessment development and marking, personal tuition, project supervision and coaching, student cohort and group management, as well as teaching and training activities (face to face or online via the Adobe Connect platform).
Faculty may also be required to support business development, undertake thought leadership activities, and/or learner and client recruitment activities, such as attending client briefings and/or recruitment events.
The BPP School of Business & Technology is recruiting Management Faculty to support the delivery and development of Management programmes across the School. We are looking for highly motivated practitioners with a keen sense of the corporate context, who are excited by the prospect of using their professional expertise to develop careers in higher education. For this role, we are interested in hearing from practitioners with extensive experience in Business Analytics.
- Maintain a sophisticated understanding of the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers, including an appreciation of how technology is impacting the workplace, the professions and particular job roles in their specialisms.
- Develop and deliver high quality module teaching and learning materials including detailed schemes of work, module, session and webinar content, topic guidance and activity checklists that reflect current corporate and professional body priorities.
- Develop relevant and appropriate assessments, work-based learning projects and PD activities.
- Design relevant, appropriate marking guidance, achievement indicators, complete robust marking, evaluation and feedback processes.
- Complete data driven analysis, reporting of learner and client outcomes.
- Bring professional expertise and an understanding of the current corporate landscape into teaching and learning.
- Analyse corporate capabilities in their specialist areas and develop tailored corporate training offerings
- Provide professional developmental insight and use coaching models to support in work or academic projects as required.
- Manage cohorts of students to ensure the integrity and operational efficiency of the programmes.
- Undertake thought leadership activities that contribute to the School's knowledge base and increases its profile among potential students and clients.
- Engage with commercial and business development activities
Department School of Business and Technology - SOBAT Faculty
Location UK, London, London Fitzwilliam House
- First degree and/or relevant professional qualifications.
- For those not currently holding either a teaching qualification or a Fellowship of the HEA membership, a commitment to achieving these through BPP's PGCLT or HEA scheme is essential.
- Extensive professional experience in relevant corporate roles;
- Understanding of organisational capability requirements in specialist area;
- Leadership, training or staff development experience;
- Giving presentations or public speaking;
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload;
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative;
- Digital literacy;
- Relevant postgraduate degree;
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications.
- Understanding of work based learning;
- Experience of coaching and/or mentoring.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description