Office for Global Health
- Be an Integral member of the Office for Global Health by providing administrative support utilising your extensive organisational skills
- Based at Camperdown Campus
- Continuing, part-time, 3 days per week with remuneration package $86K p.a pro rata including leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for an Administration Officer based at Camperdown Campus.
Under the broad direction of the Associate Director, some of your responsibilities will be:
- perform general administrative support under general direction including preparing documents, maintaining records, updating web materials, responding to queries, exploring matters, and sourcing solutions etc. for the work area
- be the first point of contact for the office, this role requires strong administrative and organisational skills in order to coordinate and undertake a range of operational activities on an ongoing basis.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Administration Officer who possesses the below experience:
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in handling a wide range of enquiries and providing excellent customer service with discretion
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- working knowledge of software programs such as Hyperion Reporting System, Concur, Unibuy, Records Management, and Content Management Systems.
The Office for Global Health aims to internationalise the research undertaken, the experience of students and staff, and approaches to learning and teaching. It identifies strategic opportunities that enhance the University’s international profile, facilitates development of further partnerships and relationships and provides relevant intelligence on the designated countries for research, training and education opportunities in the areas of health. OGH works with various central offices, centres and professional service units in the University, continuously contributing to the health and wellbeing of region, by engaging in health projects with some of Australia’s nearest neighbours, and the rest of the world.
For more information on the Faculty of Medicine and Health, please click on https://intranet.sydney.edu.au/medicine-and-health.html
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2054/0919C-1 to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Tuesday 3 March 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.