Human Resources Assistant
From benchtop research to international programs, the Department of Surgery provides exceptional patient care, delivers outstanding undergraduate and graduate education, and furthers the field of surgery through innovative basic science and clinical research.
We are seeking a Human Resources Assistant to provide HR and administrative support working under general supervision of the Associate Director of Human Resources. This position will be critical for day-to-day operations including but not limited to: 1) assist with onboarding and compliance training for newly hired personnel 2) ensure confidential personnel files are accurately updated and maintained; 3) provide general administrative support to the operations team. The HR Assistant may handle confidential and sensitive information, requiting tact and diplomacy. Our ideal candidate will have a strong combination of interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and communication skills.
- Respond to HR inquiries and determine appropriate action to be taken. Serve as a general resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling and organizing onboarding/compliance training appointments. Will be expected to organize and operate conferences and/or events, including identifying vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Generate routine communications, including drafting, editing, formatting, and disseminating documents, as needed (e.g. presentation materials, reports, etc.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Perform human resources transactional support.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and confidential work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and retain new processes and policies.
- Interest in human resources.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Detail oriented.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- General office environment.
- Travel across campus may be required.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 86112