Dean of Graduate Research
Fixed term, five year appointment
UOW is recognised internationally for its research excellence. Globally, we’re in the top 250 of world universities and we’re aiming higher every day. A critical factor in our current and future success is the quality of our Higher Degree Research (HDR) students.
As Dean of Graduate Research you will have executive responsibility for the Graduate Research School – the central administrative unit for UOW’s HDR students. You will also contribute to the institution’s overall strategic direction in research training by working collegially and constructively as a member of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Innovation)’s leadership team.
A respected academic leader, you:
- Have demonstrated capability in building organisational research training capacity through the design and implementation of best-practice policy and strategy.
- Are well versed in the nuances of the Australian and international HDR regulatory and policy environments.
- Are an exemplary communicator and effective in applying relationship management skills to lift organisational culture and performance.
- Are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and best-practice mentoring and pastoral care of HDR students.
- Are a highly experienced academic manager, capable of making difficult decisions and implementing these skilfully.
You will be prompted to respond to a questionnaire as part of the application process. For further information about this position, please contact Catherine Troman, Recruiter on +61 2 4221 5948 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Wollongong is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, and a recognised leader in gender equality, we encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and people including: culturally and linguistically diverse, women, disability, LGBTIQ+, and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Note: Applications submitted via email will not be considered. All applications must be submitted online via the UOW job portal. For further information please contact email@example.com
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Wollongong
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 08/03/2020, 8:59:00 PM
Salary Details: Level E: $182,845 + Dean allowance + 17% superannuation
Reference Number: 200218
HR Contact: Catherine Troman
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org