Freelance Digital Technology Project Supervisor
Job Profile Teaching - Project Supervisor
Contract Type Freelance
BPP School of Business and Technology is recruiting for a number of associate faculty roles to accommodate the demand needs within the school to supervise student work-based and professional projects, supporting learners in working towards their Digital Degree Apprenticeship.
We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced lecturers to bring high quality project supervision into the School.
Practitioner areas of experience and specialist knowledge relevant to these programmes would include:
- Business Analyst
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Data Analyst
- IT consultancy
- Network Engineer
- Software Engineer/Developer
The role is essential in providing further support for individual students over and above their weekly seminar contact with their Module Leader, on a one-to-one basis. This is towards the completion of two consecutive projects that are undertaken towards the successful completion of their Degree Apprenticeship in Digital Technology Solutions (DTS). The projects are:
- Work-based project (Level 5)
- Professional project (Level 6)
- To provide clear guidance and support to students who are writing projects in your specialist area/s. Contact and support will be provided over two consecutive semesters, for each project supervised.
- To liaise with the student's line manager over the setting and progress of the project
Coordination and communication between student, line manager and yourself can be conducted through a range of possible remote channels, including email, Skype or telephone.
You may be offered to supervise a number of students simultaneously, subject to your availability and suitability.
Department School of Business and Technology - SOBAT Faculty
Location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
- Relevant first degree and/or Professional Qualification(s) applicable to your subject area and level of teaching
- Significant Practitioner experience and/or applied research relevant to the discipline
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- Commercially and educationally focused with leadership and coaching skills
Please note successful candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check
- A teaching qualification relevant to the discipline or Fellowship of the HEA or a commitment to achieving either of these through BPP's PGCPHE (Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Higher Education) or Headway, BPP's accredited CPD scheme BCS registration
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications (i.e. A+, BCS Systems Development Essentials, CompTIA, Cisco, ITIL, Linux, MTA and Network+)
- Experience of teaching Digital subjects at a Further (Level 3) and/or Higher (Levels 4-6) education level
- Experience in teaching live on line and/or of delivering training and seminars in a commercial context, relevant to the Digital sector
- Experience/awareness of delivery needs for work based learners
- Experience of supporting students in an academic context
Contract Hours Freelance
Full Job Description