Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Nursing, Nurse Practitioner
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
$100,643 TO $118,912 PA (ALEVB)
$122,561 TO $140,828 PA (ALEVC)
ONGOING, FULL-TIME CONTRACT
- ECU prepares more nursing and midwifery students for careers in health than any other University in WA
- Growing postgraduate portfolio
- Opportunity to influence the next generation of nurses
The School of Nursing and Midwifery provides a comprehensive range of academic programs to prepare health care professionals for positions in nursing and midwifery. The School has a commitment to developing strong partnerships locally, nationally and internationally through its collaboration with health professions, industry and the broader community. The School is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced academic to join the team.
The successful applicant:
- Will have completed a PhD or equivalent (or made significant progress towards completion), supported by relevant (nursing) qualifications, and with professional experience and expertise in the area as a Nurse Practitioner;
- Must be eligible for registration and Nurse Practitioner endorsement with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia;
- Will possess effective teaching strategies; and
- Will demonstrate research/clinical achievement and publications commensurate with Academic level (B or C) at ECU.
This position offers a unique opportunity to be part of an energetic forward-thinking trans-disciplinary team at the cutting edge of nursing education and research.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full-time, ongoing position attracts remuneration of either $100,643 to $118,912 PA (ALEVB) or $122,561 to $140,828 (ALEVC) plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Dr. Deborah Kirk Walker, Associate Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to Apply
Please forward a concise expression of interest (2-3 pages) describing your suitability for this position, addressing the four (4) criteria above, and attach a copy of your current CV to your online application.
Applications close on Sunday 8 March 2020 at 11:30 pm AWST.
Interviews of short-listed candidates will be Friday 13 March 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP, AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENSHIP.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.