Professor/Associate Professor, Education
The University of Adelaide is a member of Australia's Group of Eight research intensive universities, distinguished by its international reputation and commitment to innovation and excellence in research and teaching.
Our campuses have been home to 5 Nobel Prize winners, hundreds of Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, countless political leaders, in Australia and abroad, and we welcome many thousands of students who will become influencers in their chosen careers, countries and communities.
The School of Education, within the Faculty of Arts, provides opportunities to a range of educators, including teachers, trainers, academics and educational consultants. Through high quality education, the School imparts its vision to produce graduates who can lead learning across global, national and local contexts.
An exciting opportunity exists for a leader to join the School of Education as Professor or Associate Professor in Education.
The successful candidate will have experience in quality teaching at the schooling and tertiary sectors, research on educational issues, and be aware of trends in initial teacher education and/or postgraduate areas.
It is integral that you have a passion for preparing teachers for contemporary classrooms, be an experienced digital practitioner, and have relevant experience teaching in the middle/secondary years of schooling. As part of this role, you will be expected to assist the School in its activities as required by accrediting bodies and be able to successfully build upon the School of Education’s partnerships with schools in South Australia.
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in teaching excellence in various modes including online at the tertiary level in initial teacher education middle and secondary years’ programs and/or postgraduate education programs, preferably in Australia.
- A record of academic distinction and significant professional standing in the field of Education.
A strong research track record with evidence of recent quality outputs in FoR13, and evidence of research leadership and competitive grant success.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of scholarship, research and engagement within the School including the ability to work effectively as a member of a team, to mentor others and to provide meaningful outcomes for students and staff.
- Demonstrated experience in successful HDR supervision with timely completions in Education.
- A school teaching qualification and relevant teaching experience in the middle and secondary years of schooling, preferably in Australia.
- The ability to forge meaningful external relationships and represent the School and the University locally, nationally and internationally, to community, industry and other academic institutions and partners.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of the higher education sector.
Please check the Selection Criteria for position you are applying, for further information.
Remuneration and appointment details
- Term of position: Continuing position available immediately
- Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% may apply
- Salary: (Level E) $183,564 per annum
- Salary: (Level D) $142,958 - $157,289 per annum
Your Faculty’s broader role
The Faculty of Arts is one of five Faculties at the University, incorporating the Schools of Education, Social Sciences, Humanities, and the Elder Conservatorium of Music. The Faculty of Arts Office serves the needs of approximately 5,000 enrolled students in undergraduate, honours and postgraduate coursework programs.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaboration - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
To apply, please click the link below and upload a cover letter, cv and your response to the selection criteria for Level E or D.
For further information
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor Faye McCallum, Head of the School of Education in the Faculty of Arts, on telephone: +61 (08) 8313 5692 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ms Tania Lovering, Strategic Recruitment Specialist on telephone +61 (04)77881130 or email at email@example.com
Closing date: 22 March 2020
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.