This is a full-time, regular position in a research lab at Caltech. The successful candidate will contribute to a project focused on characterization of mammalian proteins. 100% effort will be dedicated to lab work involving standard biochemistry techniques.
- Perform laboratory experiments involving protein gel electrophoresis and membrane transfer.
- Perform and optimize labeling reactions with cell lysates.
- Analyze labeled proteins from cell lysates using a fluorescent imager.
- Perform Western blotting, detection, and analysis using a chemiluminescence imager.
- Isolate proteins from complex mixtures using affinity-based techniques.
- Optimize sample preparation for enrichment, gel electrophoresis, and/or Western blot analysis.
- Determine suitable controls and conditions to rigorously analyze samples.
- Create standard protocols to yield reproducible results and troubleshoot as necessary.
- B.S. or M.Sc. degree.
- 3+ years of lab research experience.
- Ability to keep accurate, organized records and maintain an electronic notebook.
- Ability to clearly organize and archive samples.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the project.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines, manage time effectively, and work efficiently.
- Experience with the maintenance of a clean lab bench and participation in standard lab upkeep.
- Cover Letter
- Names of 2-3 references