TEDI-London are currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant to join our team based in London. You will be working on a full-time, permanent basis (35 hours per week). In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary.
Who are we?
TEDI-London is a collaborative, design led engineering organisation underpinned by three global partners: King’s College London, UNSW Sydney and Arizona State University.
We are a specialist, teaching-led education provider focussed on student aspirations, experiences and development. Academically grounded yet practical in nature, our flexible, project-based approach will empower students to become independent, socially aware, curious learners, with a global and future focussed outlook.
As our Executive Assistant, you will provide day to day office and administrative support to the Executive team consisting of Dean, Deputy Dean and Director of Resources including all correspondence such as email, post and telephone.
Key responsibilities as our Executive Assistant:
- Provide high-quality administrative and logistical support to the small Executive team including travel itineraries – booking hotels, flights, train travel.
- Organising and co-ordinating events and meetings including room bookings, refreshments, materials etc.
- Manage and co-ordinate diaries in conjunction with Registry for Executive, Committees, Board meetings and leadership meetings.
- Attend meetings and take minutes and action point as appropriate, ensuring that actions are highlighted to Executive team in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage internal communications systems to ensure consistent and effective information flows to and from key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a key contacts database for the Executive team to ensure relationships are managed appropriately.
- Establish highly collaborative relationships including with PLuS Alliance representatives and the three partner universities.
- Provide executive level assistance to ensure briefing papers, background notes, presentations and speaking notes for meetings and events are high quality and completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with financial budget maintenance including spreadsheets as well as maintenance of an efficient and effective document management and filing systems.
What skills and experience we are looking for in our Executive Assistant:
- Relevant qualifications and experience in providing Executive Assistant duties to senior stakeholders up to Board level.
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Demonstrable ability to meet priorities, manage competing deadlines and use sound judgement and initiative in decision-making.
- Proven experience supporting committees, planning and reporting to senior management.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft including PowerPoint presentations, Excel as well as use of Visio.
- Able to maintain poise and self-control under pressure.
- Continuous improvement focus and agility to manage quick changing priorities and delivery timescales.
- Creating minutes and actions at high level meetings.
- Experience in higher education and international liaison (desirable)
What we can offer our Executive Assistant:
- A unique opportunity to work on a start-up in the HE Sector.
- Fast-paced, interesting environment.
- Friendly, highly skilled team at the forefront of their professional area.
Our values underpin our developing culture, ethical focus and approach to decision making. You will be able to role model and champion these values along with all staff within TEDI-London, providing challenge and open discussion to ensure we do so all of the time.
We are a small, inclusive and friendly team committed to recruiting diverse team members. We particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates who are currently underrepresented within our team.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Executive Assistant, then please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com noting how you meet the essential criteria for the role by 12noon on 20th February.