Freelance Lecturer/Content Creator, Technology, Networking and Infrastructure
Job Profile Teaching - Technology Tutor
Title Freelance Lecturer/Content Creator – Technology (Networking and Infrastructure)
Contract Type Freelance
BPP School of Business and Technology is recruiting for Associate Lecturers specialising in IT Networking and Infrastructure, to teach across our Apprenticeship programmes which support learners in working towards completing their IT Apprenticeships.
We are looking for highly motivated lecturers with specialist practitioner experience in IT Networking and Infrastructure to bring high quality teaching, content creation and module leadership into the School.
The role of an Associate Lecturer is to develop and deliver engaging teaching and learning materials (across Levels 3 to 6) that ensure that learner’s in the BPP School of Business and Technology receive a premium education and learning experience.
Lecturers will also undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership, managing learner cohorts, and teaching (evenings).
Be accountable for high quality module learning and resource.
Development, using relevant professional syllabus material to create high quality, engaging teaching and learning materials, including formative multiple choice and other assessment materials.
Develop and deliver high quality and consistent teaching materials including detailed schemes of work, topic guidance, activity checklists, content, (including webinar slides and resources).
Provide support and guidance for the relevant teaching teams.
Provide ongoing personal tuition support to a cohort of School of Business and Technology learners in line with University policy.
Work with employers and training providers to manage a cohort of learners to ensure the smooth running and academic integrity of the relevant programme.
Provide academic input for commercial and business development activities within the School including ad hoc client liaison and customer service team support.
Supporting the Faculty and Corporate vision of a “university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement”.
Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post
Department School of Business and Technology - SOBAT Faculty
Location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
- Relevant first degree and/or Professional Qualification(s) applicable to your subject area and level of teaching
- CompTIA A+
- Significant practitioner experience in Networking and/or IT Infrastructure roles
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- A teaching qualification relevant to the discipline or Fellowship of the HEA; or a commitment to achieving either of these through BPP's PGCLT (Post Graduate Certificate in Learning & Teaching) or Headway, BPP's accredited CPD scheme
- BCS registration
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications
- Experience of teaching Digital subjects at a Further (Level 3) and/or Higher (Levels 4-7) Education level
- Experience in teaching live online and/or of delivering training and seminars in a commercial context
- Experience in developing schemes of work and engaging online content and resources
- Experience of providing guidance and leadership to a teaching team
- Experience/awareness of delivery needs for work based learners
- Experience of supporting students in an academic context
Successful candidates will need to undergo a DBS check.
You will have opportunities to work in the areas related to Networking across other Degree programmes, which a tutor in this role could get involved in.
It provides scope to provide academic support to a wider variety of learners from differing contexts if they wish to take the opportunity.
Contract Hours Freelance
Full Job Description