Senior Administrative Officer, Student Affairs Deanship
The Student Affairs Deanship seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Administrative Officer who provides administrative support to allow the Office of the Dean of Students Affairs to function smoothly and effectively. The incumbent actively supports in coordinating a variety of administrative and operational activities for the office and interacts effectively, professionally and courteously with students, faculty, staff and visitor inquiries and requests.
Under the guidance of the Dean of Student Affairs or designate, the incumbent is accountable for the following:
- Serves as first point of contact of the Office of Dean of Student Affairs for students and a variety of internal and external clients and colleagues.
- Performs a variety of operational and administrative activities in support of the day-to-day functioning of Office of the Assistant Provost.
- Receives incoming visitors and phone calls and responds to requests interacts effectively, professionally and courteously.
- Explains programs and services, and supports students, staff and faculty with policies and procedures.
- Deal directly with various offices in the university on behalf of the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs, as required by the Assistant Provost/designate.
- Extensively interacts with internal and external stakeholders in a fully professional and service-oriented manner ensuring that their information and business needs are met.
- Maintains and handles he calendar/daily schedule of activities of the Dean of Student Affairs.
- Prepares correspondence, presentations, reports, meeting agendas, background materials and take minutes of meetings.
- Maintains files and stock of informational material for visitors.
- Develops databases/spreadsheets to keep a track of critical data.
- Maintains supplies and equipment; photocopies; faxes; monitors office accounts for fax and telephone calls.
- Regularly and independently communicates with vendors and makes decisions for small purchases in accordance with University purchasing rules.
- Maintains and monitors the program’s budget.
- Provide operational and administrative support to Office of the Student Affairs by introducing, updating and maintaining effective systems and processes.
- Interprets, monitors, and analyzes information regarding procedures and practices. Conducts research, gathers and compiles data/information from multiple sources for preparation of reports, presentations and correspondence as required by the Assistant Provost/designate.
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments, notifies attendees of location and time, and coordinates room bookings, equipment and catering for the program.
- Arranges for travel and consultancies on behalf of the Office of Student Affairs
- Maintains student data reports or databases as tasked by the for Student Affairs.
- Maintains the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs’ files and databases.
- Accurately communicates and coordinates activities, programs and other activities of the Office of Dean of Student Affairs to all units under this office.
- Keeps the Assistant Provost for Faculty Affairs informed of all issues related to the different units/departments under this office.
- Under general supervision of the Assistant Provost, provides advice to student, faculty and staff.
- Performs any other tasks as required by Dean or designate.
- Must possess a minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 3 years of administrative experience working in a secretarial/administrative role, preferably with senior management or in an educational institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other essential requirements:
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Must have excellent experience with Microsoft Office especially Excel.
Desired or preferred requirements:
- Knowledge of UAE National traditions and culture.
- Experience working in the academic environment.
- Knowledge of shorthand and SPSS preferred.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.