Functional Skills Programme Leader
Job Profile Teaching - Tutor
Contract Type Permanent
The purpose of the role is to oversee quality and ensure an outstanding educational experience for Functional Skills learners across the BPP Group. This includes both English and Maths Functional Skills Programmes (Levels 1 and 2.) Key responsibilities include quality assurance of learning/teaching, student support, timetabling and end to end delivery.
- Planning and Scheduling of Functional Skills Learning Plans
- Sourcing and/or creating mock examinations
- Management of student queries and escalations
- Implementing a sign-off process for students looking to enrol onto final examinations
- Source appropriately qualified and skilled Tutors to support programme delivery
- Provide efficient and effective query management to internal and external stakeholders
- Marking and Grading of mock examination submissions
- Assessment of English Speaking and Listening examinations
- Development of appropriate learning resources and study materials
- Providing individual support to students where required
- Creation of pre-recorded video's and other online learning resources
- Work with the examinations team to ensure effective scheduling, invigilation and results release for Functional Skills exams
- Ensure JCQ regulations for examinations is adhered to
- Work with Apprenticeship Coaches to maximise engagement from students
- Work with the onboarding team to ensure processes for enrolling students are efficient
- Quality assurance of Teaching
- Quality assurance of Learning Resources
- Quality assurance of Marking and Grading
Operations and Administration
- Oversee the registration of students on BKSB/City and Guilds and the tracking of student engagement/final results
- Oversee the timely distribution of Learning Plans
Department Professional Apprenticeships - Apprenticeship School
Vacancy location Location UK, Home Based, Home Based
Candidate criteria You must have previous experience of teaching and/or programme management of Functional Skills. You must have relevant teaching qualification or degree. English and maths qualifications at minimum of Level 2 (GCSE equivalent). You must have an understanding of JCQ regulations. With your experience in driving learner engagement, you will develop relationships with students.
You have excellent stakeholder management skills. Strong communication skills, both written and orally are essential. IT Proficiency in working with Word, Databases, conference/web software, Virtual Learning Platforms and Excel is expected. You must be very well organized with attention to detail. You are expected to have the ability to understand and adhere to policy and compliance standards.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Employment Details Contract Hours 37.50
Attachments Full Job Description