Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Science
Application closing date: 03/03/2020
Salary: £40,322 - £49,553 per annum (Grade 6) +
Package: Pension (Employer contribution of 23% - Scottish Teachers Superannuation Scheme)
Two posts available
We are looking for two academics with an Exercise Physiology and/or Physical Activity and Health background to join an enthusiastic team in the Sport, Exercise & Health Sciences Department running successful undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as well as carrying out international level research.
The School of Applied Sciences is recognised for the quality of the educational provision we offer, the employability of our graduates and the international reputation and partnerships we have. The Sport, Exercise & Health Sciences Department is based within Edinburgh Napier University's GBP 60 million Sighthill campus. Our facilities are among the best in the UK. There is a high quality research culture, with staff members and postgraduate student populations within the school. We focus on applied research and consultancy to help deliver impact in relation to health and wellbeing in society.
Edinburgh Napier University is home to forward-thinking people inspire by the world around them. We create and support personalised learning and research opportunities that develop talent and solutions that really work and matter in today's and tomorrow's world.
You will support the academic provision on our undergraduate programmes (e.g., Sport & Exercise Science; Physical Activity & Health), in addition to our postgraduate programmes in Clinical Exercise Science, depending on expertise. There is an expectation that successful candidates will do some of their teaching overseas.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Support our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Make a significant contribution to research
- Develop, design and deliver teaching and student centred learning
- Support commercial activity including post-graduate, PhD and CPD provision and
- Support students in achieving a positive experience on their programme.
Who we are looking for
You must have:
- A doctoral level qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g., Exercise Physiology, Physical Activity and Health).
- Demonstrable evidence of a teaching specialisation in more than one of the following areas of expertise Exercise Physiology, Exercise and Long-term Health Conditions, Cardiovascular Physiology, Physical Activity and Health.
- Evidence of a professional academic research / professional practice profile
- Sufficient breadth and depth of experience in sport and exercise science disciplines to develop high quality teaching/learning and research programmes and have experience of research led teaching and/or training.
Given the applied nature of our courses and CIMSPA accreditation, we would highly value applicants with applied/industry/quality assurance experience in healthcare settings.
To know more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the role profile.
Benefits we offer
Salary: GBP 40,322 - GBP 49,553 per annum (Grade 6) + Pension (Employer contribution of 23% - Scottish Teachers Superannuation Scheme)
Application closing date: Tuesday 3rd March 2020 (midnight GMT)
Interview day: Thursday 26th March 2020
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Associate Professor Russell Martindale at email@example.com
Please also note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment, as we are unable to sponsor any candidate for this role.
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.