Director, Information and Communication Technology
3 days left
- Full Time
Closing Date 29-Feb-2020
College/Division Office of the Vice Chancellor
Department Department of Administration
Num x 1
The University is seeking an experienced and visionary Director to lead the Division of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) into the next stage of its development. The Division of ICT comprises three departments (ICT Infrastructure, ICT Operations and Management Information Systems) and 85 professional services staff. The Division is currently in the initial stage of restructuring and the new Director will be responsible for the completion and implementation of this change management process.
FNU has invested heavily in the digital infrastructure over the last few years. The superfast connection to AARNet, the campus-wide installation of free, unlimited student wifi through DigitalFIJI and the shift to online library collections have propelled Fiji National University’s digital capabilities from third world to leading edge. The installation of the Ellucian Banner 9 university management information system – which will migrate our systems and processes into a self-service virtual environment – will be completed by mid-2020 and the incoming Director ICT will be responsible for managing this digital infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director of ICT shall ensure that all activities of the Division are regularly reviewed within the provisions of the regulations of the University.
- To direct and coordinate the activities of the heads of sections that fall within the Division.
- To maintain the on-going provision and continued improvement of day to day operational technology, University Integrated Management Systems (UIMS) and telecommunications services ensuring that the service is efficient, reliable and cost effective.
- To regularly review and update the University’s overall ICT strategy ensuring that it continues to reflect changes in the University’s objectives, legislation, and the external technological environment.
- To effectively and efficiently project manage the development and implementation of the University Information Management Systems (UIMS).
- To develop and maintain an ICT service which is driven by the needs of the University and is “student/ customer focused”.
- The Director shall lead and be responsible for the preparation and approval of the Division of ICT’s annual budget within the management and other policies of the University.
- To ensure that all sections and staff of the Division operate within the policy framework of the University.
- To advise the Vice Chancellor and the University’s SMG on technical, administrative and financial issues relating to the Division and/ or affecting the Division and the University.
- To engage and manage relationships with external agencies, partners and suppliers.
- To maintain and develop good working relationships with both internal and external customers providing excellence in service delivery
- The Director of ICT shall undertake any related responsibility assigned by the Vice Chancellor in furtherance of the work and welfare of the Division and the University.
This challenging senior executive role requires demonstrated managerial and leadership experience in managing ICT in a large, complex organisation which has a wide client base and leading digital infrastructure. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to building and maintaining the universities ICT infrastructure and manage the University’s integrated management system.
- A bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate qualification in the areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or a closely-related discipline
- Professional certification in the areas of Information and Communications Technology (eg. Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- Significant experience as a senior ICT manager in a large, complex organisation
- Experience of managing a major hardware or software installation or upgrade
- Experience of operating at strategic level
- Evidence of managing complex change and development
- Experience of managing a budget at divisional level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to manage and motivate own team and where appropriate other corporate teams.
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence at both institutional and individual level
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or a closely related discipline
- Experience of working in a dynamic and fast changing workplace environment
All applications are to include:
- a cover letter expressing the interest to join Fiji National University,
- a statement of claim addressing the key selection criteria stated in the person specification,
- a detailed CV and certified copies of all qualifications,
- letters of support from two colleagues who were not subordinates at any time, and
- names and contacts of at least 3 confidential referees.
The statement of claim against the selection criteria will provide evidence on how your qualifications and experience meet the criteria. This statement of claim will form the main basis for shortlisting. Failure to provide this letter will result in your application not being considered.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact: Dharmend Chand, Manager Talent Acquisition & HR Partnerships, Division of Human Resources Tel: + (679) 3394000 ext. 2639, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Prospectus Click here to download
Job Description Click here to download
Statement of Claim Guide Click here to download