Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Nutrition and Dietetics
- SCHOOL OF MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $100,643 - $118,912 (LECTURER ALEVB) PRO-RATA
- $122,561 - $$140,828 (SENIOR LECTURER ALEVC) PRO-RATA
- ONGOING, PART-TIME 0.6 FTE
The School of Medical and Health Sciences at Edith Cowan University (ECU) offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees. Academics in the School are involved in research and teaching relating to a wide range of allied, public and occupational health disciplines.
ECU is currently seeking an experienced Lecturer (Level B) or Senior Lecturer (Level C) for a part-time, ongoing position. This position offers excellent opportunities for a motivated academic to pursue teaching and research in Nutrition and Dietetics.
As a member of the Nutrition and Dietetics academic team, you will be required to coordinate and teach units at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and contribute to research, scholarship and academic leadership.
The ideal candidate would have:
- PhD or significant progress towards PhD and/or extensive industry experience in Nutrition and Dietetics, with particular expertise in food science, nutritional biochemistry and/or clinical dietetics.
- Full membership of the Dietitians Association of Australia and eligible to be an Accredited Practising Dietitian.
- Experience in teaching undergraduate or postgraduate students in the area of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Evidence of research in relevant fields as well as a track record in successful grant applications.
- Experience as program or course coordinator in Nutrition and Dietetics or a related discipline would at Level C.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This ongoing, part-time 0.6 FTE role will attract remuneration of $100,643 to $118,912 (Lecturer ALEVB) pro-rata or $122,561 to $140,828 (Senior Lecturer ALEVC) pro-rata plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Gemma Jenkins on (+ 61 8) 6304 2318 or email@example.com for more information.
How to Apply
Please forward a concise expression of interest (maximum of 3 pages) describing your suitability for this position including reference to the selection criteria, and attach a copy of your current CV to your online application.
Applications close Sunday 1st March 2020 at 11:30 pm AWST
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.