Special Scientist, FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS. The successful candidate will be employed in externally funded research programs of FOSS.
It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
Application Code: FOSS2020SS-02
- PhD in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science.
High academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and will tackle applications related to the further penetration of Photovoltaics such as failure detection, demand response, energy, load and market forecasting.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Development of models to accurately classify faults in PV systems
- Development of models to accurately forecast energy production from renewable energy sources Development of models for load forecasting
- Development of models for market forecasting
- Development of algorithms for Demand Response Model validation with real data and experiments Data analysis
- Implementation of the above on a new software platform being developed by FOSS Writing articles and publications of research results
- Supervision of research projects conducted by bachelor (final year) and postgraduate students Support in research project management
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €2000-4200 (€14,28/hr - €30,00/hr). From this amount employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Letter of interest for the position
- Full cv
- Copies of degrees and transcripts
- Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
For more information please contact: Professor George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: firstname.lastname@example.org