Professor of Finance
- Full time, ongoing role
- Based in Sandy Bay, Hobart
The Tasmanian School of Business and Economics (TSBE) at the University of Tasmania is a provider of world-class research and teaching, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University’s Hobart, Launceston and Cradle Coast (Burnie) campuses, as well as Sydney’s Rozelle campus. The TSBE also provides undergraduate teaching programs internationally in China (Shanghai) and Hong Kong. The School’s mission is to support economic and social transformation in Tasmania, leading to a more prosperous community.
The Professor of Finance is a key academic leadership position with a balanced workload across research, teaching and engagement. The Professor of Finance will undertake the role of Discipline Leader of the Finance area and will make a significant contribution to the ongoing development of an active and engaged staff group and is expected to maintain a strong focus on outstanding research contributions in terms of high-quality research outputs, external research grants and higher degree research student supervision
- Provide leadership in assisting the University to achieve its high-level objectives and fulfill its operational responsibilities, particularly by contributing to the development and implementation of strategy and by building an area of recognised strength.
- Undertake high-quality finance research of international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and successfully supervise research higher degree students to completion
- Undertake scholarly finance undergraduate and postgraduate coursework teaching of an exemplary quality and provide leadership in key areas of learning and teaching in the discipline.
- Provide exemplary academic leadership, particularly in fostering outstanding research and learning and teaching, and in nurturing and facilitating the career development of other staff.
- Lead the finance discipline staff, including performance conversations, regular discipline meetings, teaching allocations and overall leadership of the discipline.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD in the field of finance or relevant discipline.
- An outstanding record in, and continuing commitment to, finance research that has achieved international recognition and made innovative, distinguished and sustained contributions to the field of finance, demonstrated by an exemplary record of high-quality publications, presentations at conferences and continued success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- Demonstrated capacity to build successful research teams.
- An outstanding record of successful research higher degree student supervision and completions.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to provide excellent oversight of the finance discipline as the Discipline Leader.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level E and will have a total remuneration package of up to $210,344 comprising base salary of $176,256 to $179,781 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, responses to selection criteria and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
- For further information about this position, please contact Lisa McManus, Professor and Head of School Accounting, Economics and Finance, Lisa.McManus@utas.edu.au or 6226 1574
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday 19 February 2020, 11:55 pm.