Researcher, Remote Sensing
The NSSTC is looking to hire a Remote Sensing Researcher to support the development of NSSTC Space mission projects and R&D activities.
Overall objectives of the job are:
- Assist in developing advanced classification methods to build the habitat maps of UAE using very high resolution satellite data.
- Assist in developing approaches for accuracy assessment of the habitat maps by means of extensive field sampling protocols and statistical methods.
- Assist in providing high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of UAEU and the NSSTC.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The junior researcher is expected to work closely but also independently from the senior research staff.
- The ability to work with students at UAE University as a mentor is required. Travel may be required – both domestic and international.
- The position is located at the NSSTC facility in Al Ain.
- Compensation based on experience level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work on the development of satellite derived habitat maps. As a part of the job, the candidate is expected to closely work with our stakeholders including UAE Space Agency, Environment Agency of Abu Dhabi and Ministry of Climate Change and Environment.
- Assist in managing a database of satellite data and the GIS data of the developed maps. The candidate is also expected to track the project deliverables including monthly reports and assist the PI in producing the deliverables on time to the external sponsor.
- Supervise and train undergraduate and graduate students who will be involved in the project.
- Publication of at least one article per year
Higher in engineering, remote sensing, science or mathematics and, or geology with applicable experience
BSc or higher in engineering, remote sensing, science or mathematics and, or geology with applicable experience, PhD desired but not required.
Division National Space Science&Tech. Center
Department Research and Development Unit
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff