Professor and Chair of Forest Ecology and Forest Management
1 day left
- Full Time
We are looking for
An innovative, dynamic and inspiring scientist to lead the Forest Ecology and Forest Management Chair Group (FEM) at Wageningen University & Research (WUR) (0.8-1.0 fte). The Chair Group focusses on the ecology of trees and forests and contributes to the scientific basis of sustainable use and management of forests worldwide, with currently three main themes:
- Multiple forest resource use and management;
- Resilient forests;
- Forest restoration.
For further information of the Chair Group and the current profile click HERE
As professor and chair, you will inspire and strengthen the Chair Group’s innovative research and education programme, and effectively lead the group. You will ensure that the group continues to be an encouraging working environment for a diverse group of young and established academics. Securing external funds for research and attracting PhD candidates are key elements of your responsibility. You will contribute to the national and international strong profile of the chair group, and further enhance the groups successes in generating impact both within and outside of academia.
As a successful candidate you:
- Have a PhD degree with an excellent scientific track record in the field of forest ecology and management, or a closely related field;
- Have a vision on future research and education in forest ecology and management, and how this can contribute to sustainable use of our planet’s resources;
- Are an inspiring and innovative lecturer, supervisor and mentor for students from diverse backgrounds;
- Have demonstrated management and leadership skills that are inspiring and unifying, supporting people to achieve academic excellence in a safe, encouraging, and stimulating working environment;
- Have a strong international network;
- Are able to interact with (inter)national professionals/societal partners;
- Have demonstrated the capacity of acquiring and leading externally-funded research projects and programs.
You will be working in an inspiring international organisation with a large number of interdisciplinary projects all over the world. The scientific quality of Wageningen University is affirmed by the prominent position we occupy in international rankings and citation indexes. According to international peer review the Forest Ecology and Forest Management Group is a world leading group in its field.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a number of additional benefits, such as an end-of-year- extra month’s salary, a holiday allowance and a pension plan with the Dutch pension fund for government and education. For detailed information about the salary contact Dr Claudius van de Vijver.
Equal opportunities employer
We encourage applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient organization.
For further information contact Professor dr. Remko Uijlenhoet (Chair Appointment Advisory Committee: email@example.com, +31317485760) or dr. Claudius van de Vijver (Executive secretary Appointment Advisory Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org, +31317485116).
You are invited to send your application to dr. Claudius van de Vijver, email@example.com. The application should include:
- An application letter with curriculum vitae;
- A separate list of publications;
- Your vision on research and education in the domain of the Chair (max 2 pages).
- 16 March 2020: The closing date for applications;
- 23 April: Interview of selected candidates by the Appointment Advisory Committee;
- 11 May: Short-listed candidates will be invited for a second interview and a trial lecture.
Delivering a substantial contribution to the quality of life is our focus. Within WUR 5000 people work on our domain of good and safe food & food production, food security and a healthy living environment, we search for answers to issues affecting society, e.g. sustainable food production, climate change and alternative energy. Of course, we don’t do this alone. Could you be one of these people? We give you the space you need.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at the career pages on our website.
The Chair Group The Chair Group FEM is part of the Environmental Sciences Group at WUR. The group is composed of 8 tenured and tenure-track scientific staff (assistant, associate and personal professors), 3 lecturers, 2 research and teaching assistants, a secretary, and an administrator. The group also currently includes 6 postdocs and 27 PhD candidates.
Research and PhD training takes place within the Graduate School for Production Ecology and Resource Conservation (PE&RC). All tenured and tenure-track staff are involved in the supervision of PhD candidates, and all are members of PE&RC.
Apply for Professor and Chair of Forest Ecology and Forest Management
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- £100,001 - £110,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Netherlands
- £100,001 - £110,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Heads of Department jobs in Netherlands
- £100,001 - £110,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Netherlands
- £100,001 - £110,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Netherlands