Professorship for ‘Consumer education in the digital world’
The University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd is the key academic institution for education, health and interculturality in the eastern region of the Stuttgart metropolitan area in southwest Germany. It offers a special range of subjects and study courses addressing the social challenges of educational equity, diversity, sustainability and the digital future. As a university of education, it promotes a wide variety of career paths in research, teaching and academic management.
Within the framework of Germany’s Joint Federal Government-Länder Funding Programme for Junior Academics, the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd has been awarded funding for four tenure-track professorships. It is therefore seeking to fill a
W1 professorship with tenure track to W3 (m/f/x)
for ‘Consumer education in the digital world’
(index number 2020/05)
starting on 1 October 2020.
This position features a limited overall duration of 6 years (4 + 2 years) and may be converted into a permanent W3 professorship in the event of a positive evaluation. The institution welcomes applications from outstanding junior academics with the potential to play a role in refining the internationally significant research profile of the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd. The recruitment process is additionally subject to the requirements for appointing junior professors as stated in Section 51 (2) and the requirements for appointing professors as stated in Section 47 (3) of the Baden-Württemberg State Higher Education Act (LHG).
- Contribute to the topic of ‘consumer education in the digital world’ as an interface between home economics and economic education in all its scientific and didactic breadth
- Participate in teacher training at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate) in the subjects of ‘Everyday Culture and Health’ and ‘Economics’
- Teach classes held in English
- Participate in interdisciplinary studies and inter-university cooperation
- Contribute to the (international) prominence of the University through relevant research, application and publication activities
- Actively participate in the administrative roles expected of professors at German universities
- Cooperate with colleagues from the subject of ‘Everyday Culture and Health’, the department of Nutrition, Consumption and Fashion, and the department of Economics and Economic Education
- Exceptional capability for advanced scientific work, as typically demonstrated by an outstanding relevant doctoral degree/PhD
- Specialised in the research area of consumer education
- Expertise in home economics and economic education
- Teaching and research experience
- Experience of interdisciplinary and/or international research projects (also including projects with third-party funding)
- Previous (international) publication activities
We provide an attractive working environment and a diverse range of career development options for all employee groups with a focus on gender equality and work-life balance. Our ‘AnSCHub’ career portal and the ‘Tenure Track on Top’ programme offer targeted support in establishing your academic profile. Professorships can also be tailored to applicants’ needs in all phases of life. We expressly encourage female academics to explore the various options we provide and submit their applications.
If you have any questions about the content of the professorship, please e-mail Prof. Dagmar Kasüschke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Queries relating to academic career advancement or gender equality and family matters should be directed to the Research Consultant (email@example.com) or the Gender Equality Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your application featuring the index number 2020/05 and the usual supporting documents (CV, copies of academic certificates, list of publications, list of courses taught, description of academic activities to date and presentation of personal research and teaching concept) must be submitted in PDF format by 12 March 2020 to the Dean of Faculty II at the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd, Oberbettringer Strasse 200, 73525 Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany (please e-mail applications to email@example.com).
Persons with severe disabilities will be given preferential consideration if equally qualified.