Assistant Professor in Political Science
The Department of Social Sciences offers a wide range of courses designed to nurture a sense of obligation to engage in ethical, responsible, and legal behaviors. During the course of their College training, students develop a capacity for independent thought, critical analysis, and social awareness.
The role of the Assistant Professor in Political Science instructor encompasses teaching undergraduate courses, as well as academic advising, professional development, and institutional/community service.
In particular, the applicant is expected to:
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in teaching discipline;
- Develop syllabi for relevant courses;
- Review, evaluate, and recommend student textbooks and learning materials;
- Develop, and use a variety of teaching materials that assist students in meeting course objectives;
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods;
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives;
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines;
- Uses technology effectively for educational and administrative purposes;
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs; Hold regular office hours;
- Participate in department and college-wide professional development activities and committees.
Education Allowance : QR 45,000 per child per academic Year for 3 children up to from grade 1 until 18 years old Ticket : first arrival ( overseas staff) , final departure ( overseas & Local ) and during Summer for the faculty member , spouse and 3 children up to 18 years old Shipment Allowance: First arrival ( overseas staff) and Final Departure Annual basic salary Increment :depending on the Annual Performance Evaluation Private Medical insurance : upon higher management's approval
The applicant is expected to be able to teach in both Arabic and English languages. S/he is expected to maintain professional, ethical, and responsible interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
Education MA and PhD degree in Political Science