Postdoc Position in Protein Engineering
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for POSTDOC POSITION in PROTEIN ENGINEERING
Novel Strategies and Software Tools for Computational Protein Design
Loschmidt Laboratories at Masaryk University conduct interdisciplinary research in the field of protein engineering. We wish to understand the structure-function relationships of proteins and improve their functionalities for biotechnologies. Our goal is to be recognized as one of the leading protein engineering groups in Europe.
We consistently strive to publish our findings in reputable scientific journals, develop new software tools and microfluidic platforms and apply research results to practice. The key components of our daily activities include collaboration between experimentalists and theoreticians, solidarity among the laboratory team and mentoring of young colleagues—all while maintaining a friendly and creative working environment.
Protein engineering strategies and structural bioinformatics tools developed in our group are being used in more than 50 countries for the development of novel proteins for therapeutic and biotechnological applications (>150.000 jobs completed using our servers). More information here: https://loschmidt.chemi.muni.cz/peg/.
Selected publications: ACS Catalysis 10: 1210, 2019 ** Nucl. Acid Res. W1: W414, 2019 ** J. Am. Chem. Soc. 140: 17999, 2018 ** ACS Catalysis 8: 9420, 2018 ** ACS Catalysis 6: 7597, 2016 ** J. Am. Chem. Soc. 137: 4988, 2015 ** Chem. Rev. 113: 5871, 2013 ** Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 19: 8, 2014 ** Nature Chem. Biol. 10: 428, 2014.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
- have good proficiency in English
- have experience in the of field software engineering
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate in teams
- have programming skills: Java EE, Spring, Maven, ReactJS, SQL
- knowledge of Linux and Docker is an advantage
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
- work benefits for cultural and sport activities
Anticipated start date: The position is available from 1 May 2020.
The submission deadline is 29 February 2020.
Please submit your application electronically / by e-mail to Dr. Jitka Sedlackova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about: