Postdoc Position in the Field of Educational Research
Department Faculty of Education
Deadline 29 Feb 2020
Start date September 2020
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for POSTDOC POSITION in THE FIELD OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH
The Faculty of Education, Masaryk University conducts research on educational systems, schools, curriculum, teaching and learning in a broader socio-cultural context. The Faculty seeks to engage a post-doctoral researcher to strengthen the international (comparative) and interdisciplinary dimension of its research and expertise. The post-doctoral researcher should contribute to the research activities of the Faculty by preparing, conducting, and evaluating empirical and/or theoretical research, and publishing its outcomes for the international research community. His/her research should focus on educational systems / curriculum / instruction / the teaching profession with special attention to diversity and/or transformation to provide a basis for elaborating theories and/or outlining innovations in the field of education. It should address issues such as educational systems transformation, curriculum development, knowledge sharing, meaning making, intercultural learning, multilingualism, etc. The research outcomes should be relevant for educational and cultural institutions (especially schools) with the potential to enhance their social, linguistic, cultural, organisational and pedagogical development.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
- the applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be as the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
- have experience in the field of research on school education – e.g. on curriculum (content) transformation, instruction, language diversity and the teaching profession,
- have experience in quantitative as well as qualitative research methodology (an advantage),
- have excellent communication skills in English (German is an advantage) and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
Specific criteria can be filled, i.e.:
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate in teams
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
- a plan of his/her own research agenda (for two years, in line with the Institutes’ research focus)
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from September 2020
The submission deadline is 29 February 2020.
Please submit your application electronically / by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about: