Lecturer in Engineering Management
- Salary Package: Lecturer (Level B), from $103,914 to $122,947 per annum, plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading. Pro rata rates apply for part-time appointment.
- Appointment Type: Full-time or Part-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
About the Role
We are inviting applications from energetic and experienced engineers with significant practical experience in engineering management and a strong desire to use their experience to help educate future engineering managers.
The successful applicant will participate in the delivery of a new Masters of Engineering Management program that will commence in 2020, and will lead in the development and teaching of courses at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels. The successful applicant will also undertake project supervision of both Higher Degree Research and Undergraduate Honours students in engineering project management or a related area.
This position is a newly created continuing role in our School of Engineering in Macquarie’s Teaching & Leadership Job Family.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strengths for future potential across other teaching streams of the School and contribute to the administration, outreach and promotion of the School of Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering and the University.
In the School of Engineering we are committed to improving the diversity of our team by building an equitable and inclusive culture. For instance, we strongly encourage applications from experienced individuals who are looking to return to the workforce, changing career path or cannot commit to full-time work. You will have access to flexible working hours, on-site parking and generous parental leave provisions.
The School of Engineering sits within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and is a diverse community of academics blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery, exploration and impact. We are talented and knowledgeable engineers and form teams of innovators and creators with a passion for teaching and a strong desire to make an impact in research. The School currently has approximately 40 academics and 70 research students, and an ever-growing cohort of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
In the School of Engineering we are committed to improving the diversity of our team by building an equitable and inclusive culture. For, instance, we strongly encourage applications from experienced individuals who are looking to return to the workforce, changing career path or cannot commit to full-time work. You will have access to flexible working hours, on-site parking and generous parental leave allowances.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach to their application a separate document responding to the selection criteria below.
- A PhD (or equivalent) in Engineering Management and/or significant work experience in Engineering Project Management or in a closely related discipline
- Demonstrated commitment and success in delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Demonstrated teaching experience in the areas of Engineering Management
- An understanding of scholarly teaching with alternative / flexible learning modes
- Demonstrated ability to attract industry support
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven ability to interact effectively with students, staff, industry and the community
- Demonstrated successful track record of industry experience in Business Administration / Management
- Proven ability to lead a successful team
Role Specific Enquiries: Professor Darren Bagnall, Dean, School of Engineering at email@example.com or +61 2 9850 9071.
General Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 16 February 2020 at 11:55 pm AEST
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.