Research Assistant InfraBIM
A research assistant position is available with Dr Muhammad Tariq Shafiq (Department of Architectural Engineering) within the College of Engineering, UAE University. The research will develop a life-cycle model for infrastructure projects using Building Information Models that digitally integrates processes and enables the use of predictive analytics, particularly during the operations and maintenance phase of an asset. The research will be evaluating the relevance of the developed model and its ability to accommodate real-time interactions between the physical built assets and its digital counterpart. Emergent from this process will be technologies and tools which may offer enhanced opportunities to intelligently manage the built assets using digital models. The research position is supported by a grant from UAE University, initially for 1 year and can be continued to maximum 2 years subject to the satisfactory performance of the research assistant.
The successful candidate should have
- A first degree in architectural engineering, Civil Engineering or a related discipline. Candidates with an educational background in computer science and programming experience with 3D-Models will be required.
- Hands on experience with Autodesk Revit, Navisworks
- Maximo or similar FM software is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and academic writing skills
- Applicants with published work will be given preference.
- MSc in Construction Project Management or a closely related field.
- Candidates with a desire to enroll into PhD program at UAEU will be preferred.
- Programming experience with C# and Unity Game Engine
- Experience with Maximo or a similar FM software
- Willingness to visit and collect data from live construction site
- Commitment to strong ethics in research and academic integrity
Special Instructions to Applicant
Submit a detailed CV and one-page summary of research interest experience, interests and goals.
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 31-07-2020
Job Category Staff
Salary 0 to 0 AED