A new team is being established which will work flexibly across a range of faculties and departments to provide additional professional administrative capacity to enable delivery of education and research activities and other operational functions. Successful candidates will form part of this team, and will be deployed on a short-term basis to one or more departments to provide additional capacity and will be expected to:
- provide a professional and efficient administrative service;
- support a broad range of teaching, learning and assessment activities from the point of student enrolment through to graduation;
- support networks, committees and meetings (including scheduling and planning, collating and distributing documents, drafting minutes or other documentation);
- support a range of professional processes, including support for areas of confidentiality such as HR;
- provide proactive support in working with senior members of Departments, in particular the Head of Department, Department Manager and other members of the Senior Management Team;
- work independently, using their experience and initiative to decide on appropriate courses of action and resolve problems;
- demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience across a range of departments and functions in the University. Recruiting to this post In order to be considered for interview, candidates must evidence each of the essential criteria required for the role in the person specification (including those listed in the section 'Realising Your Potential Approach'). In some cases, the recruiting panel may also consider the desirable criteria, so we recommend you evidence all criteria in your application. Please note that some criteria will only be considered at interview stage.
How to apply We prefer to receive applications online. Please note that in submitting your application Durham University will be processing your data. We would ask you to consider the relevant University Privacy Statement https://www.dur.ac.uk/ig/dp/privacy/pnjobapplicants/ which provides information on the collation, storing and use of data. What you are required to submit 1. A CV; 2. A covering letter which details your experience, strengths and potential in the requirements set out above. Please ensure that you submit all documentation listed above or your application cannot proceed to the next stage.
Contact details For further information please contact Mark Richardson, Faculty Manager via At Durham University, our aim is to create an open and inclusive environment where everyone can reach their full potential and believe our staff should reflect the diversity of the global community in which we work. We welcome and encourage applications from members of groups who are under-represented in our work force including people with disabilities, women and black, Asian and minority ethnic communities. We will notify you on the status of your application at various points throughout the selection process, via automated emails from our e-recruitment system. Please check your spam/junk folder periodically to ensure you receive all emails