Senior Network Engineer
- Full Time
Job Profile IT - Infrastructure
Contract Type Permanent
The Senior Network Engineer will become an integral part of the BPP IT Infrastructure Team supporting day-to-day business-as-usual operations and current and future infrastructure project initiatives, domestically and internationally.
The Senior Network Engineer will define, implement, uphold and maintain Network standards, safeguarding the enterprise infrastructure and resources supporting business requirements at campus locations and the data centre.
The Senior Network Engineer Role is a third line role and as such is the highest point of internal escalation responsible for acting on all technical requests, projects, and strategic initiatives, for technologies related to this role. Additional responsibilities include routine contact with appropriate IT and non-IT personnel from the BPP al group of companies. As needed, individual will act as expert level resource on reported incidents in the client environment including mentoring and the training of IT Operations Centre (ITOC), the IT Security Operations Centre (ISOC) and internal IT staff.
Please refer to full Job Description for a comprehensive list of key responsibilities.
- To lead/facilitate meetings and conduct presentations to technical and business staff.
- To communicate technical concepts and proposals into understandable and justifiable business initiatives.
- To participate in the definition of specific technical design, product selection, device standardization.
- To proactively implement, update, maintain, manage, monitor, and support enterprise network and systems infrastructure.
- To perform change control and device configuration management activities on all network systems.
- To help lead network architecture and design initiatives with full documentation to ensure consistency, accuracy and supportability.
- Maintains technical overview of client environment. This includes (but is not limited to) incident / problem tracking, and ensuring junior engineers maintain delegated tasks in kind by mentoring and both technically and professionally. Researches problem information to proactively identify trends and potential sources of new problems while preventing the replication of issues within the environment. Acts as SME for escalated issues and questions from ITOC, ISOC and BPP IT Team members.
- Through continuous review, ensures all open incidents for BPP are being worked to resolution
- Primary driver for development and delivery of project / BAU activity within the environments
Department Technology - Infrastructure
Location UK, London, London Liverpool Street
Please refer to full job description for details of the essential knowledge, experience and qualifications required for this role.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description