Professor / Assistant / Associate in Entrepreneurship/ Leadership/ Organisational Behaviour
Business and Management Faculty
(Specializing in Entrepreneurship/ Leadership/ Organisational Behaviour)
Position Faculty - Entrepreneurship/ Leadership/ Organisational Behaviour
Location Hanoi, Vietnam
VinUniversity is a newly developed, private, non-profit university in Hanoi, Vietnam. It was established by Vingroup with a mission to be the first world-class, internationally accredited and recognized university in Vietnam. VinUniversity has two overarching goals: to excel in teaching; and to produce graduates and research that contribute to developing the key economic sectors of Vietnam.
The formation of the VinUniversity Project has resulted from the collaboration of Vingroup with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. Cornell provides academic consulting on Management, Engineering and Technology; and Penn focuses on the Health Sciences disciplines. Both Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania are distinguished Ivy League institutions based in the United States of America. Cornell is involved in every aspect of the development of VinUniversity from infrastructure and campus planning to curriculum development and faculty hiring. Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business is providing extensive academic advisement in a variety of areas, drawing from a wealth of faculty expertise at multiple colleges and units at Cornell University. Penn’s medical and nursing schools are functioning in a similar fashion to guide the formation of health science education at VinUniversity and to interface with Vinmec, Vingroup’s outstanding health system which currently encompasses 7 hospitals throughout Vietnam. VinUniversity aims to meet the QS 5-star rating standards and will include the following colleges within the University: a College of Business and Management (including Hospitality, and Real Estate); a College of Engineering and Computer Science; a College of Health Sciences. The University will be an English Medium Instruction (EMI) institution and plans to open for the inaugural class of students in Fall 2020.
Vingroup was established in Ukraine in 1993. Upon its relocation to Vietnam, the venture officially became Vingroup Joint Stock Company in 2012. Vingroup’s mission is “to create a better life for the Vietnamese people.” In 2016, Vingroup was recognized among the “Top 50 Most Valuable Brands in Vietnam” (by Brand Finance magazine). Today, Vingroup is one of the leading private enterprises in Vietnam, operating in eight core business areas including real estate, retail, hospitality, education, agriculture, healthcare, heavy industry (starting with automobile manufacturing) and smart technology. In 2016, education and healthcare became not-for-profit value-based systems.
Pham Nhat Vuong is the founder and chairman of Vingroup, which has $3.97 billion USD in net revenue (2017) and a largest market capitalization value of $13.6 billion USD in Vietnam (2018). Chairman Vuong is a visionary and true patriot of Vietnam and firmly believes that education is the single biggest catalyst that can transform the destiny of an individual, society, and nation. His aspiration is to create a breakthrough in the Vietnamese education sector and to groom the next generation of leaders in the 21 century and beyond for Vietnam.
THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
Through excellence in academics, research and innovation, the College of Business & Management (CBM) aims to nurture and develop competent business professionals, leaders and entrepreneurs with integrity who are critical thinkers and aspire to move Vietnam to a respectful position in the world.
For the first academic year 2020-2021, the College will offer 3 degree programs: Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, and Bachelor of Real Estate. With our AACSB compliance Cornell University certified curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become a leader and innovator with entrepreneurial mindset, employed by top employers or self-employed.
With a vision to become a research focused college, the College of Business and Management will also offer different graduate programs and provide the best research environment for our faculty members to conduct world-class research and pursue advances in business. Moreover, with the advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology companies such as Vinpearl, Vinhomes, Vinmart/Vinmar+, VinFast, VinTech, and Vincom Retail, the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology & business products and solutions.
The College of Business and Management at VinUniversity is recruiting entrepreneurial-minded and innovative faculty members at all ranks: Distinguished Professor, Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Senior Lecturer in the field of Entrepreneurship/ Leadership/ Organisational Behaviour.
The College of Business and Management faculty members will be responsible for major responsibilities of teaching, research and service. The workload allocation will be based on faculty ranking and faculty track in alignment with international standards and practices.
- Prepare detailed course syllabi and instructional materials of assigned courses based on the Course outlines provided.
- Teach assigned courses including lectures, homework assignments, labs, projects and student assessment.
- Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
2. Research and creative works:
- Carry out research and produce quality publications, patents, or other research outputs.
- Obtain competitive research funding support.
- Participate in conferences and seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the college.
- Engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities in development, innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer and commercialization initiatives.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high-quality, accredited curricula.
- Provide academic advice and support to students.
- Participate in the administration of the college programs of study and other activities as requested.
- Contribute to college and VinUni-wide working group or committees as requested.
A number of selected Senior Lecturers will be sent to Cornell University or other top universities for a professional development program to prepare for qualifying as Assistant Professors.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a doctorate degree in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programs.
- Have experience in experiential teaching methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), ABL (Action-based Learning) and simulation…
- Master a coherent, progressive and creative thinking; to have a spirit and passion for education; to demonstrate distinction and/or promise in research, innovation and other creative work; to be able to take prompt actions with determination and be ready to take on new challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
VinUniversity will provide support for your research and professional development as following:
- Annual research and professional development support budget
- Potential to be Visiting/adjunct faculty collaboration with Cornell University activities
- Student Research/Teaching Assistants in upcoming graduate programs
- Potential tenure contracts after initial probation and promotion periods
- Potential collaboration with many industry partners within Vingroup ecosystem and in the region
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accommodation options.
- Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, ID, driver license, insurance, etc.)
- Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for your children. There is child education allowance if your children study at Vinschool.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter, (3) a teaching and research statement and other relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org . Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning August 2019, and will continue until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination including the candidate’s contact information to the Search Committee. The desired position start date is January 2020 – July 2020, subject to negotiation.
Apply for Professor / Assistant / Associate in Entrepreneurship/ Leadership/ Organisational Behaviour
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly