Post Doctoral Fellow, Mathematics
Organization Name Mathematics
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Develop a biologically based mathematical model that help policy-makers controlling diseases using vaccine with limited resources.
- Write and publish scientific articles in international journals
- Present work in international conferences
- Support writing grant proposals for external funding opportunities
- Participate in teaching of mathematics courses (one course per year)
- Participate in all activities required by Department of Mathematics
- PhD Degree in Mathematics or PhD in computer science with strong mathematical background
- Should have a good record of publication and evidence of research excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Required Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in mathematical modelling infectious disease, optimal control and computational analysis.
- Must have experience of developing and programming dynamical models (in MATLAB, C++ or similar)
How To Apply
- CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Post Doctoral Fellow, Mathematics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly