Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Make a significant contribution to the discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Substantially add to the development of partnerships with industry for student placements
- Full-time permanent role based in North Sydney (total rem. between $118,785 – $161,325 pa)
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is located across five campuses of Australian Catholic University and is one of the largest faculties of Health Sciences in Australia. The Faculty is structured into three national Schools:
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- School of Behavioural and Health Sciences
- School of Allied Health
The Faculty’s courses are developed within the Catholic intellectual tradition with the goal of preparing graduates in health with an emphasis on social justice and equity, and sustainability.
As Lecturer or Senior Lecturer (Nutrition and Dietetics) you will:
- develop and deliver lectures, tutorials and practical material in the discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics
- contribute substantially to the development of partnerships with industry for student work placements
- provide focused curriculum development and teaching in fundamental nutrition science, culinary nutrition science or community and public health nutrition
- undertake Lecturer-in-Charge role/s (for specific unit/s of study) in undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Postgraduate degree (PhD desirable but not essential) in Nutrition, Dietetics or a related discipline. (Lecturer) OR a postgraduate degree (PhD desirable but not essential) in Nutrition, Dietetics or related discipline, with significant relevant industry experience (Senior Lecturer)
- Accredited Practising Dietitian (with Dietitians Association of Australia) essential
- teaching experience at tertiary level in discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics (Lecturer)
- evidence of course leadership inclusive of design and delivery of innovative and quality learning environments for the discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics (Senior Lecturer)
- confidence and courage in achieving ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values by connecting the purpose of one’s work to ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description, as well as indicating if they are applying for a full-time or part-time role. To apply please click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $118,785 - $140,132 pa, including salary component $100,375 - $118,510 pa (Lecturer - Academic Classification Level B) OR $148,590 - $161,325 pa, incuding a salary component of $125,766 – 136,650 pa (Senior Lecturer - Academic Classification Level C) and employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Christian Lorenzen on (03) 9953 3849 or via email to Christian.Lorenzen@acu.edu.au
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 27th January 2020 at 11:55pm (AEDST)