Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Psychology
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES / SCHOOL OF BEHAVIOURAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES, MELBOURNE
- Deliver high quality teaching at undergraduate and post graduate levels
- Significantly contribute to the discipline of Psychology, with a focus on clinical and/or educational and developmental psychology
- Full-time continuing position available at our St Patrick’s Campus in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is located across five campuses of Australian Catholic University and is one of the largest faculties of Health Sciences in Australia. The Faculty is structured into three national Schools:
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- School of Behavioural and Health Sciences
- School of Allied Health
The Faculty’s courses are developed within the Catholic intellectual tradition with the goal of preparing graduates in health with an emphasis on social justice and equity, and sustainability.
As a Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Psychology you will:
- develop and deliver teaching in the MPsych Clinical program, MPsych Educational and Developmental program and the Master of Professional Psychology program
- undertake Lecturer In Charge roles for specific units of study
- provide clinical supervision to post graduate students on placement
- provide research supervision to Honours and Masters students
You will need to demonstrate:
- a postgraduate qualification in Psychology
- relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and membership of Australian Psychological Society
- demonstrated experience in student centred teaching, clinical and research supervision
- experience in major methods of evidence based psychological assessment
- confidence and courage in achieving ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description, as well as indicating if they are applying for a full-time or part-time role. To apply please click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration for Lecturer is valued to $118,785 - $140,132 pa and for Senior Lecturer $148,621 - $161,356 pa including salary component $100,375 - $118,510 pa (Lecturer Academic Classification Level B) and $125,766 to $136,650 pa (Senior Lecturer Academic Classification Level C) employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Tom Whelan on 03 9953 3127 or via email to Tom.Whelan@acu.edu.au.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications close 24 January 11.55pm